Carrot – turmeric waffles with yogurt and green vegetables
- waffle iron
- vegetable grater
- 150 gr flour
- 150 gr grated carrot raw
- 3 eggs
- 1 t spoon turmeric
- 2 t spoon baking powder 8 gr
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil to grease waffle iron
- 250 gr greek yogurt
- ½ pomegranate only the seeds
- 4 tbl spoon erwten blanched
- 1 handfull snap peas blanched
- 1 handfull rocket salad
- 1 avocado
- 1 handfull lamb's lettuce
- 1 handfull sprouts variety
Making the waffles:
- sift the flour and mix with the baking powder and turmeric.
- Beat the eggs and mix with the flour. Make sure that the flour is completely incorporated and that no lumps remain.
- Mix in the raw grated carrot, finely chopped shallot and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Let the dough rest for half an hour.
- remove the seeds from the pomegranate and mix with the yogurt.
- Put a pot of water on the heat , bring to a boil and add the peas and the snap peas. Let it boil for 1 minute and pour through a sieve. Cool briefly with cold water.
- Cut the avocado into wedges. Divide the lettuce, arugula, peas and short peas between the plates.
baking the waffles:
- Grease the waffle iron with olive oil and let it get hot.
- Scoop a generous spoonful of the batter onto the iron, close the iron and let it bake for about 3-4 minutes (depending on the waffle iron). Take a look in between and if you need more time, let it bake for a while.
- Serve the waffless warm together with the lukewarm lettuce and a spoonful of yogurt.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.