Cod with herb pesto and potato candied in oil
- deep frying pan
- cutter / blender
for the potatoes and cod:
- 4 potatoes
- 300 ml olive oil
- 500 gr fresh cod or desalt
- 1 green pointed pepper italian pepper
- 1 red pointed pepper italian pepper
- ½ red onion
- 20 vine tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- few capers and spring onion to finish
For the herb pesto:
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 handful coriander
- 1 tbl spoon chives chopped
- 3 tbl spoon pine nuts
- 4 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Preparing the cod:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºPlace a baking paper on the baking tray. Place the cod fillets skin side down on the paper. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake them in the oven at 180º for 20 minutes.
Preparing the pesto:
- Put all ingredients (basil, coriander, chives, pine nuts, olive oil) in a cutter / blender. Mix until everything is finely chopped. season with salt and pepper.
Preparing the potatoes:
- Peel the potatoes. Cut them into 3-5 mm slices. Cut the green and red pepper into small pieces. Chop the red onion.
- Take a deep frying pan. Place the potato slices on the bottom and cover with olive oil. (the potatoes must be completely covered). Heat over a medium heat but do not let the oil simmer too hard. After 5 minutes, add the green and red peppers as well as the chopped red onion. Use a spatula to ensure that the potatoes do not stick together, do not break them. Simmer for a further 15 minutes until the potatoes begin to color slightly and are tender, then turn off the heat.
- Remove the excess olive oil by putting everything in a sieve. Divide the confit potatoes and vegetables over the plates. Seazon with salt and pepper. Place the cod fillet on top and finish with a spoonful of herb pesto.
- As an extra touch I finish it off with a few capers and finely sliced spring onion.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)