Courgetti with scampi and cherry tomatoes
Courgetti (= courgette + spaghetti) a delicious healthy and calorie-poor vegetable spaghetti.
- 2 zucchini not too thick so they fit in the spiral cutter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 tomato cherry
- 2 tblspoon basil leaves
- 4 scampi or more if you prefer a filled meal
- 2 tblspoon Parmesan cheese
- 3 tblspoon olive oil
- 1 black pepper and seasalt
- Cut the courgettes into fine strings with the spiral cutter. Chop the garlic into thin slices. Wash the cherry tomatoes. Finely chop the basil leaves.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the garlic. When it starts to color you add the tomatoes and after a minute also the zucchini and chopped basil. Season with pepper and salt. Turn regularly with a large spoon until the zucchini is al dente.
- Wash the scampi and dry. Grill them in a grill pan or on the hot plate. Season with some sea salt. (I also add a little finely chopped garlic)
- Serve the zucchini with the scampi in a deep plate. Finish with the parmesan, possibly some flakes of sea salt and a few leaves of basil.
A simple recipe but can be a festive appetizer that can surprise your guests.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply