Cucumber and radish salad with smoked eel
A nice fresh lunch salad. You can easily replace the smoked eel with, for example, herring or smoked salmon…
- mandolin optional
- 6 radish medium size
- 6 mini cucumber or 1 large sized
- 120 gr smoked eel
- 250 gr greek yoghurt
- 2 tbl spoon dill fresh chopped
- ¼ lemon juice
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- ½ red onion
- white pepper and salt
- Rinse the cucumber and radishes.Cut both the cucumbers and the radishes into thin slices. I used a mandolin for this, but it works perfectly with a vegetable knife.Cut the red onion into small pieces.
- Mix the Greek yogurt with the shredded dill, olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Now mix the cucumber, radishes and red onion under the yogurt. Place the smoked eel pieces on top just before serving. Serve cold, so if necessary put the cucumber salad in the fridge for a while, covered with foil.
Radishes… Does it also happen to you too… you see them all year round in the supermarket but don’t know what to prepare with them? Well, from now on you will immediately think of this delicious fresh lunch salad. If you go out to work or just have lunch at home, make this salad in advance and keep it in the fridge. You can replace the smoked eel with herring or smoked salmon. For a more extensive lunch, you can also serve it with oven-cooked potatoes or tender lettuce with a sandwich. If we have a BBQ planned at home, I regularly serve the cucumber and radish salad (without the eel) as a side dish. I hope it tastes well!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
2 responses to “Cucumber and radish salad with smoked eel”
Leave a Reply
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Ik wist niet dat je gerookte paling kan vinden in Spanje, lekker!
Er zijn enkele bedrijven bv ééntje in Valencia (http://www.ahumados-sabal.es/). Lokaal haal ik het verpakt maar er zijn ook restaurants die met het verse produkt werken.