Empanada with tuna, tomato and oregano
- 12 sheets of dough Ø15 cm ready for patties
- 1 onion
- 1 green pointed pepper
- ¾ red belly pepper
- 3 tomatoes
- 200 gr tuna canned
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbl spoon tomato paste
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- 1 t spoon sweet paprika powder
- ½ t spoon spicy paprika powder
- 2 t spoon oregano dried
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 180º.Rinse the vegetables.Cut the onion, green and red pepper into small fine pieces. Grate the garlic clove. Remove the juice and seeds from the tomatoes so that you only have the flesh left and cut this into small pieces as well.
- Put the oil in a casserole and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Then add the pepper pieces and sauté for another 3 minutes. Finally, add the garlic and tomatoes. Put the lid on the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Now mix in the tomato paste, tuna, sweet and spicy paprika powder and the oregano. Mix well. Season with a little salt if desired. NB! The filling should be consistent and not watery!
- Take a round sheet of dough Ø15 cm and spoon a spoonful of the filling in the middle. Fold the sheet closed to form a semicircle. Press the edges well and if necessary you can press the seams with the tines of a fork.
- Mix the egg yolk with 2 teaspoons of water. Use a brush to brush the patties with the egg yolk. Place them on a baking paper on the baking tray and put them in the oven at 180º for 20 minutes. Serve warm or lukewarm.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.