Figs with mint, mascarpone and honey
- cutter / blender
- 10 figs fresh, purple or green ones
- 150 gr mascarpone
- 3 tbl spoon fresh shopped mint leaves fresh peppermint,not the Morrocan sweet mint
- 1 tbl spoon honey
- 1 tbl spoon milk
- A super easy-to-make appetizer that you can put on the table in no time.
- Rinse the figs. Cut them in half lengthwise and stick a cocktail stick through all half parts.
- Put the mascarpone, chopped mint leaves, honey and the milk together in the blender. Note… there are many types of mint. For this dish I used fresh peppermint leaves (not the same sweet mint from the Moroccan mint tea)Mix until the mint leaves are very fine and you get a light green cream.
- Spoon a little of the mint mascarpone on each fig (or use a piping bag if you have one). Decorate each fig with a mint leaf and drizzle extra honey on top.
- Are you an addict of black pepper? It may sound strange, but we also like this appetizer with a pinch of black pepper from the mill…
2 responses to “Figs with mint, mascarpone and honey”
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)