Figs with mint, mascarpone and honey
- cutter / blender
- 10 figs fresh, purple or green ones
- 150 gr mascarpone
- 3 tbl spoon fresh shopped mint leaves fresh peppermint,not the Morrocan sweet mint
- 1 tbl spoon honey
- 1 tbl spoon milk
- A super easy-to-make appetizer that you can put on the table in no time.
- Rinse the figs. Cut them in half lengthwise and stick a cocktail stick through all half parts.
- Put the mascarpone, chopped mint leaves, honey and the milk together in the blender. Note… there are many types of mint. For this dish I used fresh peppermint leaves (not the same sweet mint from the Moroccan mint tea)Mix until the mint leaves are very fine and you get a light green cream.
- Spoon a little of the mint mascarpone on each fig (or use a piping bag if you have one). Decorate each fig with a mint leaf and drizzle extra honey on top.
- Are you an addict of black pepper? It may sound strange, but we also like this appetizer with a pinch of black pepper from the mill…
2 responses to “Figs with mint, mascarpone and honey”
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.