Lentils in Isabel’s way
- stew pot
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 green pepper sweet pointed pepper
- 2 leaves bay leaf
- 200 gr lentils dry, here I used the brown ones
- 1 carrot
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 t spoon turmeric
- pepper and salt
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- 1 handful parsley
- Cut the onion and green pepper into small pieces. Grate the garlic clove.We now first make a "sofrito".Put the 2 tbsp olive oil in a stew pot and add the pieces of onion, garlic and green pepper. Stew this until the onion becomes transparent.
- Cut the tomato into small pieces and add it to the "sofrito" together with the bay leaves
- Rinse the lentils until the rinse water runs clear. Add the lentils to the rest and cover with water. Top up with water until it is about 2 cm above the lentils.
- Depending on the type of lentils you use (so also read the packaging), we let it simmer for 30 minutes on a low heat.
- In the meantime, we cut the carrot into slices (0.5 cm thick) and the potatoes into cubes of max. 3 cm thick.
- When the lentils have cooked for half an hour, we add the carrot and potatoes. Keep in mind that brown lentils can also turn your carrot and potato brown. I provide an extra carrot that I cook separately and use to give the dish extra color when serving.
- Season with salt, pepper and the turmeric.
- Provide a fresh green touch when serving with some extra parsley.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.