Salsa “Romesco”, a typical sauce from Catalonia
- food processor
- 2 ñoras is a Spanish dried round sweet pepper
- 2 slices bread inside of old bread
- 100 ml olive oil indien nodig, zorg voor extra
- 1 tblspoon vinegar
- 40 gr hazelnuts raw and peeled
- 40 gr almonds raw and peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 guindillas mini dried chili pepper (can be replaced with 1/4 tsp chili powder)
- 3 tomatoes middle sized
- 1 tspoon sweet paprika powder
- 1 spinch salt
- At least 6 hours before you want to make the sauce, put the ñoras in water. This can also be done the night before.
- Preheat the oven to 180º. Cut the tomatoes in half and place the sliced part on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Put them in the oven for 30 minutes.
- 15 minutes before the time has expired, put the garlic cloves and nuts in the oven as well. This way the garlic can cook a little and it becomes less spicy. The nuts will toast. You can toast the nuts separately in a pan over low heat, if preferred
- Remove the ñoras from the water and make a notch so that the water can come out. Cut them in half. The intention is now that you, for example, scrape the pulp from the ñora with the back of a knife. This is a thin layer but does add flavor to the sauce.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven, let cool down. You can now easily remove the tomato pulp from the skin.
- In a blender / cutter you put all the ingredients: pulp of the ñoras, tomato (without skin), nuts, olive oil, vinegar, guindillas or chili powder, garlic, salt and the inside of the bread. Mix everything into a homogeneous whole. If it is too consistent, you can add a little water or extra oil. Taste and season if necessary.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)