Tomato tartar with smoked sardine
- 8 tomato cherry
- 2 tomaat kumato or another variety
- 1 tomaat coeur de boeuf or another variety
- 1/4 red onion
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 2 tspoon capers
- 2 pickle
- 2 tspoon grain mustard
- 2 tblspoon olive oil
- 2 smoked sardines
- black pepper
- Cut the different tomato varieties into very fine cubes. Finely chop the red onion, pickles and basil leaves.
- Take a bowl and mix the olive oil with the pickles, capers, grain mustard, basil, red onion and season with black pepper. I did not add any extra salt because smoked sardines already are salty.
- Carefully mix the tomato cubes through this dressing. Take a round serving mold and put in the tomato tartar. Remove the mold. Put a smoked sardine on top. Finish with some basil, capers and black pepper.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.