Tomato carpaccio with anchovies and olive oil
Thin slices of sweet tomato with anchovies and red onion, topped with delicious olive oil… soo tasty.
- 1 tomato big one "coeur de boeuf"
- 1 tomato large "pink tomato" or other sweet variant
- 10 anchovies (anchoa del cantábrico)
- ½ red onion
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- some capers (to your own taste)
- Rinse the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes into about 10 thin slices with a sharp knife. You can also try with the mandolin but if your tomatoes are very ripe it is easier to cut with a knife.Place them side by side on a platter.
- Cut the red onion into very fine pieces and sprinkle it over the tomato.
- Place an anchovy on each tomato.Sprinkle the tomato with a little salt. (note, not too much because anchovies are already salty) Drizzle with the olive oil… and that's all…Are you a fan of capers? Then you can sprinkle some on top…
“Coeur de boeuf” tomatoes are fantastic in this dish. The sweeter the tomatoes, the better…they taste strong with the saltiness of the anchovies. This dish is on many menus here in the south, simple but super tasty!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply