Tomato carpaccio with anchovies and olive oil
- 1 tomato big one "coeur de boeuf"
- 1 tomato large "pink tomato" or other sweet variant
- 10 anchovies (anchoa del cantábrico)
- ½ red onion
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- some capers (to your own taste)
- Rinse the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes into about 10 thin slices with a sharp knife. You can also try with the mandolin but if your tomatoes are very ripe it is easier to cut with a knife.Place them side by side on a platter.
- Cut the red onion into very fine pieces and sprinkle it over the tomato.
- Place an anchovy on each tomato.Sprinkle the tomato with a little salt. (note, not too much because anchovies are already salty) Drizzle with the olive oil… and that's all…Are you a fan of capers? Then you can sprinkle some on top…
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.