Zucchini and lemon tortilla
- 2 courgette preferably white
- 1 onion
- 5 eggs
- 150 gr cheese grated
- 1 tl nutmeg
- 1 el hierba buena or mint, finely chopped
- 1 el dill finely chopped
- 2 el self-raising flour
- 1 zest of a lemon finely grated skin
- 2 el olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop the onion and fry it in 1 tablespoon of oil until it becomes golden glazy. Add the nutmeg, hierba buena or mint and the dill. Set aside and let cool down.
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. I do this with a filter cloth.
- Beat the eggs and add the sifted flour. Mix well (make sure there are no lumps)
- In a bowl, mix the egg mixture with the onion, zucchini, lemon zest, cheese and spice with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Brush a heat resistant ovendish of +/- 10 x 25 cm with some oil and pour the mixture into it. Bake the tortilla in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 175º.
- If desired, you can serve an herbal yogurt with, for example, a tzatziki or tarragon yogurt. This together with a fresh tomato-avocado salad adds a Mediterranean touch.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.