Trifle of madeleine cake, yogurt and red fruit
A delicious and special dessert consisting of layers of cake, fruit and yogurt.
- small cooking pan
- 8 madeleine cakes
- 2 pomegranate
- 300 gr greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 250 gr raspberries
- 6 strawberries
- 2 tbl spoon sugar
- 2 vanilla stick
- 50 ml cassis liqueur
- Halve one pomegranate and squeeze out the juice (juicer). Remove the seeds from the second pomegranate. Set a small part of the seeds aside to decorate the glasses afterwards.Cut 5 strawberries into small pieces. The other one in 4, this one is to decorate the 4 glasses.
- Put the juice of the pomegranate in a saucepan and add the sliced strawberries, the rest of the pomegranate seeds, the raspberries and the 2 tablespoons of sugar. Heat it up and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Halve the vanilla pods lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with the back of your knife. Mix these seeds well with the Greek yogurt.
- Beat the egg white until stiff and mix it carefully with the yogurt.
- Break the madeleine cakes into large pieces and sprinkle them with the cassis liqueur.
- Now let's fill the glasses. First, put a layer of the fruit in the glass. Place a layer of the cake on top, you can press it down. Place a layer of yogurt on top. Repeat these three layers again. finish with a few pieces of fresh fruit and possibly some mint or grated white chocolate.
“Trifle” is a typical dessert of English cuisine. There are many variants such as the one with vanilla cream or whipped cream. Because I don’t like it “too” sweet, I made a variant where sour and sweet meet. You can easily make this dessert in advance and always present nicely festively in separate glasses.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply