Watermelon pizza with grilled mango, avocado and sardines
- ½ watermelon average size, you can easily get 3 pizzas out of that
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 50 gr feta greek cheese
- 2 handful rocket salad
- 6 smoked sardines preferably smoked, otherwise replace with another smoked fish.
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 handful nuts I used walnuts but you can also use pistachio or roasted pine nuts
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the mango. Leave the skin on and cut with a knife or mandolin into slices of about 5 mm. (mango has a large flat pit / stone, so cut along the cutting edge where the pit is less wide… you can tell by the shape of the mango…)
- Remove the skin from the avocado, remove the pit (read my article about avocado, there I explain how to cut an avocado) and cut into slices.
- Put the oil in the grill pan, spread well with a brush and grill the mango and avocado.
- Cut the watermelon into slices about 1.5 cm thick. Sprinkle the rocket salad on each pizza. Top with the grilled mango and avocado. Season a little with salt and pepper if desired.
- Divide the nuts over it and crumble the feta, place on top of the sardines and finish with some chopped parsley.
2 responses to “Watermelon pizza with grilled mango, avocado and sardines”
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >