Delicious minestrone soup full of vegetables
- cooking pot
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 celery stems
- 1 laurel
- 1 handfull spinach fresh
- 150 gr pasta small sized
- 400 gr white beans I used the pre-cooked
- 1 zucchini
- 1 potatoes
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tomaten
- 1½ l vegetable broth
- 2 tbl spoon tomato paste
- 1 t spoon thyme or sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 t spoon dried oregano
- 1 handvol basil fresh
- 1 handvol peterselie fresh
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- First we clean the vegetables. Scrape the carrots, peel the potato, remove the stems from the spinach and rinse all vegetables.
- Cut the carrots into cubes of about 0.7 cm. Cut the celery into fine slices. Chop the onion into pieces.Cut the zucchini, potato and tomatoes into cubes.
- First fry the onion together with the carrots and the garlic in the olive oil. After about 5 minutes, add the celery, potato, tomatoes and zucchini. Let this also simmer for five minutes and add the bay leaf. Then mix in the tomato paste.
- Pour over the vegetable stock. Now add the pasta as well as the thyme and oregano.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, add the white beans, spinach, parsley and basil. Stir well and let it boil until the pasta is ready. (if you want to use dried beans, you need to soak them in water at least 12 hours in advance and add them togheter with the potatoes)
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >