Timbale of avocado, black beans and tomatoes
Avocado is so versatile and always delicious in a cold salad. Black beans also fit perfectly in your meal during the summer months. Give it an extra touch by using fresh garden herbs.
- cooking pot
- 1 avocado
- 100 gr black beans dried
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ lime only the juice
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- 1 tbl spoon coriander chopped
- 2 tbl spoon chives chopped
- salt and pepper
- Place a pot of water on the heat and cook the beans according to the instructions on the package. Then let them cool for half an hour.
- Cut the avocado and cherry tomatoes into pieces. Place them in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with the lime juice. Mix well.
- When the beans have cooled, add them to the avocado and tomato along with the finely chopped coriander. Add a tablespoon of oil and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the fridge for a while to cool down.
- I presented this salad as timbale. Take a metal ring (used for this purpose) and fill it with the salad. Finish the topping with chopped chives.
- A simple, tasty and filling salad, also delicious at the BBQ.
You don’t immediately think of black beans to make a salad with. In the Mediterranean cuisine we use all kinds of beans and they are used in almost every kind of dish. So this combination is not that strange to me but the best is that we also like it.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply