Apricot salad with Mozzarella and orange dressing
- serving plate
- 5 apricots small, ripe
- 1 peach
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 125 gr Mozzarella
- 1 tbl sp olive oil
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 2 oranges juice
- 2 tbl spoon honey liquid
- 1 tbl spoon chopped mint fresh
- ½ tea spoon chili flakes
- Rinse all fruits and tomatoes under running water.Halve the apricots and remove the pit, cut into wedges.Cut peach wedges. Please note, the stone is not easy to remove . I leave the peach whole and slice part by part from the stone.Cut the tomatoes in 4. You can possibly combine with different types of tomato.Remove the skin from the avocado, halve and remove the pit. Cut into wedges (lengthwise)
- Drain the Mozzarella.
- Arrange the fruit, tomatoes and avocado randomly on a serving platter and drizzle with olive oil.Pull the Mozzarella into pieces with your fingers and add it to the salad.
Make the dressing:
- Squeeze the two oranges. Add to the juice 2 tablespoons of liquid honey and the freshly shredded mint.
- Drizzle the salad generously with the orange dressing and sprinkle with the chilli flakes.Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.This salad is best when it's fresh out of the fridge.
- Tip: To prevent the avocado from oxidate , you can lightly rub the wedges with lemon juice before mixing them with the peaches.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)