Green asparagus pie with puffed garlic
- 1 bulb garlic
- 500 gr green asparagus fresh
- 6 spring onions
- 25 gr coconut oil
- 5 tblspoon coconut cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 roller shortcrust pastry
- 1 handfull parsley chopped
- 60 gr cheese grated, f.e. Emmental
- 2 tblspoon oliveoil
- pepper and salt
- Roll out the dough over the baking tray. Pierce small holes in the bottom with a fork. Cover the bottom with baking pearls (or dried beans). Bake the bottom 25 minutes at 180 ° C. Remove from the oven, remove the baking pearls and let cool down.
- Separate all parts of the garlic but leave the skin on. With a knife you cut off the lower hard part (where they are joined together). In a bowl, mix the oil with salt and pepper and stir in the parts of garlic. Place the cloves in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 180º. Let them cool down and then you can easily push the look out of their skin.
- Cut the asparagus and onions (put 3 pieces of each aside) into 1 cm pieces. Bake it in a pan with the coconut oil. Season with pepper and salt.
- For the decoration of the pie we cut fine long strings of the remaining asparagus and spring onions with a peeler. Blanch them for 1 minute in boiling lightly salted water and then put them in ice water. (this way they keep a nice green color). Drain.
- In a mixing bowl you put the baked asparagus with spring onion, the cheese, the chopped parsley, the cloves of garlic, the coconut cream and the 3 beaten eggs. Mix everything well. Season with pepper and salt. Pour the mixture into the baked dough and bake for 25 minutes at 180º. Decorate with the strings of asparagus, spring onion and some extra cheese.
- Garlic has a sharp pungent odor and taste. As you cook or bake garlic, the smell and taste become milder and sweeter.
- Garlic is best known for the breath and body odor it can cause. Eating fresh parsley seems to be able to neutralize this odor.
- Garlic appears to reduce the deposition of plaque on the vessel walls, and also reduces blood clotting.
- Garlic would lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)