Banana pancakes with coconut and mint
- pancake pan
- 3 bananas ripe
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 120 gr flour
- ½ tspoon cinnamon
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 1 tspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt optional
- 15 gr coconut oil
- 6 tblspoon grated coconut
- 2 tblspoon fresh mint leaves
- 3 tblspoon maple sirope or honey
- Crush two ripe bananas with a fork.Beat the eggs with a beater and add the coconut milk, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla sugar and 3 tablespoons of grated coconut. Mix well with the beater to a consistent but liquid dough. Mix in the crushed bananas. Add a pinch of salt if wanted.
- Put a little bit of coconut oil in a small pancake pan Ø 15-20 cm. Let this warm up for a while and then scoop in ½ a ladle of the dough. Turn the pan so that the dough spreads over the surface. Let fry for 2 minutes. At the top you see that the dough is starting to bake and then you can turn the pancake. Shake it loose and if necessary use a flat spatula to turn it. Cook for another full minute (or more) on this side as well.
- These pancakes are thicker than usual pancakes, so depending on the size of your pan, add enough dough.Once baked, place them on a warm plate covered with baking paper or aluminum foil.
- Cut one or more bananas in half and fry them in a little coconut oil until they start to colour.
- Finely chop the mint leaves with a knife. Serve the pancakes with a little syrup, grated coconut and mint. Also add some fried banana.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.