Basil pesto, a typical Mediterranean seasoning
- 100 gr basil leaves fresh
- 150 gr Parmesan cheese fresh
- 75 gr pine nuts
- 150 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- pepper and salt
- Remove the basil leaves from the stalks. Rinse them under running water.
- Add all ingredients together in a blender. (The best and most authentic way is with the pounder. Start with the leaves and add the other ingredients bit by bit.) Note that the blades of the blender can produce heat which can change the color and taste of the pesto. So mix short and on a lower speed.
- Seazon with salt and pepper.
- You can keep this pesto in a sealed pot in your refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)