Beetroot and strawberry salsa with flatbread
- cutter / mixer
- 250 gr cooked beetroot
- 250 gr strawberries
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- ½ juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbl spoon honey
- few mint leaves
- 125 gr coconut yogurt
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tea spoon Nigella seeds
- salt and pepper
- 100 gr lettuce leaves argula or other
- flatbread or crackers
- Remove the beetroot from the packaging and, if necessary, cut off the harder part at the bottom of the root. Rinse the strawberries and mint leaves.
- Cut the beetroot and strawberries into coarse pieces. Put these together with the olive oil, a few mint leaves, honey, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper in the chopper. On the lowest setting or with impulses, you chop this into a salsa where pieces are still very clearly visible.
- Cut the spring onion into fine slices. Rinse the lettuce.
- Place the lettuce on a plate along with some strawberries. Drizzle with oil and season with some salt and pepper. Spread some flatbread toasts and serve. You can also spread the toasts with the salsa at the moment, otherwise they will become soggy. Spread a spoonful of coconut yogurt on it and finish with some spring onion and nigella seeds.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.