Caramelized young carrots with orange and ginger
- deep pan
- orange press
- 10 carrots young carrots in bunch with foliage
- 4 orange
- 5 tbl spoon honey liquid
- 5 cm ginger
- 1 sprig thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbl spoon parsley
- Wash the young carrots. If necessary, scrape them or use a vegetable peeler. Cut off the foliage but leave another 3-4 cm of green at the roots.
- Juice the oranges. Cut 2 cm of the ginger root into fine slices. Grate the rest of the ginger and add it to the orange juice along with the honey and the thyme sprig.
- Pour the orange juice into a deep pan and heat it over a low heat. Don't let it boil… Place the young carrots in it and let them cook gently in the orange juice for 25 minutes until they are al dente.
- Serve hot, along with some juice and sprinkle with some shredded parsley.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)