Caramelized young carrots with orange and ginger
Sweet young carrots prepared with spicy ginger are a perfect side dish with poultry or on your vegetarian party table…
- deep pan
- orange press
- 10 carrots young carrots in bunch with foliage
- 4 orange
- 5 tbl spoon honey liquid
- 5 cm ginger
- 1 sprig thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbl spoon parsley
- Wash the young carrots. If necessary, scrape them or use a vegetable peeler. Cut off the foliage but leave another 3-4 cm of green at the roots.
- Juice the oranges. Cut 2 cm of the ginger root into fine slices. Grate the rest of the ginger and add it to the orange juice along with the honey and the thyme sprig.
- Pour the orange juice into a deep pan and heat it over a low heat. Don't let it boil… Place the young carrots in it and let them cook gently in the orange juice for 25 minutes until they are al dente.
- Serve hot, along with some juice and sprinkle with some shredded parsley.
Carrots are naturally sweet but go perfectly with the taste of orange. The spicy note of the ginger makes it a fresh but warming side dish that can be served in both winter and summer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply