Cherry crumble with vanilla and cloves
- cooking pot
- 300 gr cherries I prefer using fresh ones
- 2 tbl spoon honey
- 6 cloves
- 2 vanilla stick
- 1/2 tbl spoon cornstarch
- 1 glass water +/- 200 ml
to make the crumble
- 100 gr flour
- 70 gr butter unsalted
- 70 gr sugar mix of cane sugar with birch sugar (or plain white)
- 30 gr raw almonds
- 1 pinch salt
- Pit the cherries and put them on a low heat in a cooking pot together with the honey and cloves. Halve the vanilla sticks lengthwise and scrape out the vanilla. Add the vanilla to the cherries, stirring well. When the cherries release their juice (or add half a glass of water) let it simmer for a minute.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tbsp water and add it to the cherries while stirring. Mix well and let it boil for a while so that the juice thickens a little.
- Turn off the heat and pour the cherry mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180º
Now we make the crumble
- Take the butter out of the fridge in time, but it should not be too soft and malleable. Combine the butter, flour, sugar and a pinch of salt and mix with your hands. crush the butter between your fingers and make a grainy dough. Pay attention! Do not knead too long with your hands because then the butter will become softer and everything will stick together… If necessary, use a fork to crush and knead.
- Chop the almonds into pieces with a knife.
- Now sprinkle the shortcrust pastry over the cherries in the baking dish. Make sure the surface is completely covered. Then sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Place in a preheated oven for 25 minutes at 180º (the crust must be slightly colored otherwise you can bake an extra 5 minutes at 200º)
2 responses to “Cherry crumble with vanilla and cloves”
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.