Chicory salad with cray fish and pomegranate
A festively fresh and delicious starter with a dressing of honey and grain mustard.
- champagne coupe glasses
- 2 pieces chicory Belgian andive
- 1 handfull lamb's lettuce
- 1 handfull arugula
- 2 tblspoon pomegranate seeds
- 10 cray fish
- 2 tea spoon capers
- 1 tea spoon fish eggs trout or salmon eggs
- 3 tbl spoon honey liquid
- 2 tea spoon grain mustard
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- 1 tea spoon rice vinegar
- 2 tea spoon chives
- salt and pepper
- First we make the dressing:Stir together the liquid honey, grain mustard, olive oil and rice vinegar. Season a little with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicory into fine slices. Mix ¾ of the dressing with the chicory and capers. (The capers are optional, omit them if you're not a fan)
- Fill the bottom of the glasses with a mixture of the arugula and lamb's lettuce. Spoon a lot of the chicory mixture on top.
- Divide the crayfish among the glasses as well as the pomegranate seeds and the fish eggs. Drizzle over the rest of the dressing and finish with some finely chopped chives.
An appetizer that requires little or no preparation. Have all the ingredients ready in separate bowls in the fridge and then you can fill the glasses when your guests arrive. The spicy sweet taste of the dressing gives a nice balance to the chicory and arugula…
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply