“Chirlas al ajillo”, clams in wine and garlic sauce
- 500 gr clams fresh
- 25 gr parsley fresh and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 ml white wine
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- 1 pinch white pepper grounded
- ! Caution, put the clams in cold water at least an hour before prepairing! In this way they will release the sand that is still present in the shell. Afterwards I also think the taste is better and less salty … but that is personal.
- Put the oil and finely chopped garlic in a pan and fry lightly. Add the shells and season with the white pepper. Put the lid on the pan and let it simmer for 3 minutes. Stir the shells with a spoon and pour the wine over them. Add the chopped parsley and maybe some extra white pepper. Put the lid back on the pan and let it simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat when you see that the shells are open. Stir well before serving and sprinkle with some extra parsley. Make sure you also serve fresh bread because everyone wants to taste the sauce …
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)