Corn and eggplant baked with honey
- 2 corn cobs
- 2 eggplant
- 125 gr greek yoghurt
Fot the honey marinade:
- 3 tbl spoon liquid honey
- 3 tbl spoon olive oil
- 1 tea spoon sweet paprika powder
- `2 tea spoon rosemary
- salt and pepper
- coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 200º.rinse the aubergines and corn cobs under running water.Cut the aubergines and corn cobs lengthwise into quarters. Mind you, you need extra power with the corn on the cob. but just by cutting them lengthwise they will curl during baking.
Make the honey marinade:
- Mix the olive oil with the honey, sweet paprika, rosemary and a little salt and pepper. Use a brush to cover both the aubergines and the corn cobs.
- Place baking paper on the baking tray and place the aubergine and corn pieces on top. If you have any marinade left, you can rub them again. Bake for 25 minutes at 200º.
- Serve on a platter. First spread the greek yogurt, put the corn and eggplant on top and sprinkle some coarse salt on top. I served this with grilled haloumi. If you have parsley, an extra green touch is always nice… Let it taste!
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.