Corn soup with smoked mackerel and peas
- 400 gr corn fresh or from a can
- 1 onion big one
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 stalk leek
- pinch pepper and salt
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 2 fillets smoked mackerel
- 200 gr peas
- Chop the onion and cut the leek along with the celery into small pieces. Stew the vegetables in olive oil with the clove of garlic .
- If you use canned corn then, add this at the end. In case the corn is fresh then you will have to boil it about 15 minute.
- Meanwhile, you bring some water to boil in a small pan. Let the peas simmer and once al dente, pour through a strainer.
- Blend the soup. I love the soup fairly consistent, serve in dinner plates with a piece of smoked mackerel and two tablespoons of peas. Sometimes I make a salad with this plate to have a complete meal.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.