Dogfish with creamy spinach and mint sauce
- cooking pot
- mixer, hand blender
- 500 gr dogfish
- 300 gr spinach fresh
- 1 cebolla
- 3 clove garlic
- 20 leave mint
- 15 gr parsley
- 15 gr koriander
- 10 gr dill
- 1 cube vegetable broth
- 1 cube fish stock
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Clean the dogfish and rinse it with cold water. Cut it into pieces of 5 cm.Place a pot of water on the heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the fish stock cube. When the water boils, place the pieces of dogfish in it and cook for max. 3 minutes. Pour the dogfish through a sieve and let cool.
Make the sauce:
- Cut the onion into pieces and grate the garlic cloves. Put 1 tbsp olive oil in a cooking pot and stew the onion with the garlic for about 5 minutes. Then add the fresh spinach leaves little by little. Stir until the leaves are completely wilted
- Add the coconut milk and the vegetable stock cube. Heat until just below boiling point and then add the fresh herbs such as parsley, coriander and dill.
- Remove the pot from the heat and mix everything into a homogeneous green sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper. I used ground white pepper here..
- Place the pieces of dogfish in the sauce and heat briefly over a low heat. I served this with fries, but it can also be served with rice or mashed potatoes.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.