Eggs with chili butter and yogurt, Cilbir, a Turkish dish
A breakfast of poached eggs with yogurt and chili butter, those Mediterranean dishes are a real feast to me!
- cooking pot
- cutter / blender
- 4 eggs fresh
- 400 gr greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 gr butter unsalted
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- ½ t spoon chili flakes
- ½ t spoon sweet paprika powder
- 1 snuifje cumin
- 4 takjes dill
- Put the yogurt, the garlic and a pinch of salt together in the cutter / blender and mix well.
- Poach the eggs: (use fresh eggs!)Put a pot Ø30cm with water and a tbl spoon of vinegar on the heat and let the water boil. Turn the heat down so that you only see small bubbles. Make a swirling motion with a spoon to create a small whirlpool. Break the egg into a small jar. Bring the jar as low as possible to the rotating water surface and let it slide into the water. Leave this in the water for 4 minutes. Scoop the egg out of the water with a skimmer and repeat the above with the next egg.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Don't let the butter burn!. Add the tablespoon of oil and the spices: chili flakes, paprika and cumin. Stir well and set aside.
- Now put a few spoonfuls of yogurt on the plate, put the poached eggs on top and sprinkle with the chili butter. Sprinkle some shredded dill on top. Serve with flat bread.
During the weekend or the holidays, breakfast can be a bit more for me. I am happy to get out of bed for this dish. Cilbir, a typical Turkish dish. Poached eggs with spicy chili butter and yogurt. Also delicious at brunch together with other small dishes such as hummus or warm tomatoes… For me this is pure enjoyment…
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply