Eggs with chili butter and yogurt, Cilbir, a Turkish dish
- cooking pot
- cutter / blender
- 4 eggs fresh
- 400 gr greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 gr butter unsalted
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- ½ t spoon chili flakes
- ½ t spoon sweet paprika powder
- 1 snuifje cumin
- 4 takjes dill
- Put the yogurt, the garlic and a pinch of salt together in the cutter / blender and mix well.
- Poach the eggs: (use fresh eggs!)Put a pot Ø30cm with water and a tbl spoon of vinegar on the heat and let the water boil. Turn the heat down so that you only see small bubbles. Make a swirling motion with a spoon to create a small whirlpool. Break the egg into a small jar. Bring the jar as low as possible to the rotating water surface and let it slide into the water. Leave this in the water for 4 minutes. Scoop the egg out of the water with a skimmer and repeat the above with the next egg.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Don't let the butter burn!. Add the tablespoon of oil and the spices: chili flakes, paprika and cumin. Stir well and set aside.
- Now put a few spoonfuls of yogurt on the plate, put the poached eggs on top and sprinkle with the chili butter. Sprinkle some shredded dill on top. Serve with flat bread.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.