Fennel soup with parsley and truffle oil
- cooking pot
- grill pan
- 3 fennel with foliage is nice for garnish
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1 leek
- 700 ml vegetable broth
- 1 handful leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- truffle oil
- Clean the fennel bulbs by first rinsing them under running water. Cut off the stems, but keep a little of the foliage to garnish later. Now cut off the hard part at the bottom, cut in half and set one half aside. Cut the rest of the bulbs into coarse pieces. Cut the half that you kept aside in thin slices. (for grilling or baking and also to garnish)
- Peel the potato and cut into coarse pieces. Clean the onion and leek and also cut into coarse pieces.
- Put 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and sauté all the vegetables for a while. Pour over the vegetable stock and let it simmer for 15 minutes. (until the vegetables are cooked)
- Meanwhile, bake or grill the fennel slices.
- When the vegetables are cooked, remove the pot from the heat and add the parsley. Mix everything into a smooth soup, taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve the soup warm in a plate with a sprig of the foliage, a grilled slice of fennel and drizzle over the truffle oil.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)