Caramelized white asparagus with nut dressing
Asparagus, nuts and fresh garlic, a real flavor bomb which makes this a nice appetizer.
- 8 pieces white asparagus
- 4 tblspoon mixture of various nuts almonds, pine nuts, hazelnuts,
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 tblspoon soja sauce
- 2 tblspoon sunflower oil
- 1 tblspoon honey
- 1 tblspoon olive oil
- 1 tblspoon pistachios peeled and chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Peel the asparagus with a vegetable peeler. (Head-to-end) Cutting the hard pieces at the bottom (/ – 3 cm), off. Halve the asparagus gently lengthwise into halve. Drizzle with honey and season with pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan or hot plate and bake the asparagus until golden brown.
- In the meantime, chop the nuts mix finely with a knife. Make a dressing of sunflower oil, soy sauce and crushed garlic. Mix the nuts mixture through it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Put half the asparagus with their convex side on a baking paper in a tray. Spread the nuts dressing over the asparagus and bake for 10 minutes. Before serving, divide the chopped pistachio nuts.
My table guests find this starter very surprising. The taste of the soy sauce gives an oriental touch to the whole. Together with the nuts it becomes nice and crunchy …
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply