Caramelized white asparagus with nut dressing
- 8 pieces white asparagus
- 4 tblspoon mixture of various nuts almonds, pine nuts, hazelnuts,
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 tblspoon soja sauce
- 2 tblspoon sunflower oil
- 1 tblspoon honey
- 1 tblspoon olive oil
- 1 tblspoon pistachios peeled and chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Peel the asparagus with a vegetable peeler. (Head-to-end) Cutting the hard pieces at the bottom (/ – 3 cm), off. Halve the asparagus gently lengthwise into halve. Drizzle with honey and season with pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan or hot plate and bake the asparagus until golden brown.
- In the meantime, chop the nuts mix finely with a knife. Make a dressing of sunflower oil, soy sauce and crushed garlic. Mix the nuts mixture through it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Put half the asparagus with their convex side on a baking paper in a tray. Spread the nuts dressing over the asparagus and bake for 10 minutes. Before serving, divide the chopped pistachio nuts.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)