Ginger – orange mocktail with star anise and thyme
I already made the recipe for this mocktail in the spring. At the request of Bonappetit Les Amis, the Belgian webshop for online foodies. I came up with this recipe with one of their top products, the Gili ginger elexir. Would you like to take a look at the webshop… https://www.bonappetit.be/nl/
- cooking pot
- orange press
- 600 ml fresh orange juice about 5 oranges
- 60 ml ginger concentrate
- 2 tbl spoon honey
- 2 flowers star anise
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs sprigs of thyme to decorate the 4 glasses
Make your own ice cubes
- 1/2 orange in partjes gesneden (of mandarijn)
- 50 ml fresh orange juice
- 10 ml ginger concentrate
- 100 ml water
- orange peel to your own taste
Make your own ice cubes
- I have molded ice cubes in all shapes and sizes. I prefer to use the large round bulbs. You can fill it with pieces of fruit or vegetables.
- To fill them up I made a mixture of water with orange juice and the ginger concentrate. The amount depends on the number of ice cubes you want to make…
- In each bulb I put either orange slices, mandarin or strips of peel. Then I filled them with the mixture and put them in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
How to make the mocktail
- Place the orange juice, honey, star anise and thyme in a cooking pot and heat over low heat for 5 minutes. Let this mixture cool and pour through a sieve.
- Add the ginger concentrate. Here I worked with the "Gili elexir", available via the online webshop of www.bonappetit.be
- Let it cool. Serve the glasses with the homemade ice cubes the juice and a sprig of thyme.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)