Ginger – orange mocktail with star anise and thyme
I already made the recipe for this mocktail in the spring. At the request of Bonappetit Les Amis, the Belgian webshop for online foodies. I came up with this recipe with one of their top products, the Gili ginger elexir. Would you like to take a look at the webshop… https://www.bonappetit.be/nl/
- cooking pot
- orange press
- 600 ml fresh orange juice about 5 oranges
- 60 ml ginger concentrate
- 2 tbl spoon honey
- 2 flowers star anise
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs sprigs of thyme to decorate the 4 glasses
Make your own ice cubes
- 1/2 orange in partjes gesneden (of mandarijn)
- 50 ml fresh orange juice
- 10 ml ginger concentrate
- 100 ml water
- orange peel to your own taste
Make your own ice cubes
- I have molded ice cubes in all shapes and sizes. I prefer to use the large round bulbs. You can fill it with pieces of fruit or vegetables.
- To fill them up I made a mixture of water with orange juice and the ginger concentrate. The amount depends on the number of ice cubes you want to make…
- In each bulb I put either orange slices, mandarin or strips of peel. Then I filled them with the mixture and put them in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
How to make the mocktail
- Place the orange juice, honey, star anise and thyme in a cooking pot and heat over low heat for 5 minutes. Let this mixture cool and pour through a sieve.
- Add the ginger concentrate. Here I worked with the "Gili elexir", available via the online webshop of www.bonappetit.be
- Let it cool. Serve the glasses with the homemade ice cubes the juice and a sprig of thyme.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.