Gratinated asparagus in papillote with herb butter
Super juicy and full of flavour… that's how I prefer to eat my asparagus.
- 2 baking paper
- milk pan
the herb butter:
- 100 gr hard butter without salt
- 1 tbl spoon parsley fresh chopped
- 1 tbl spoon basil fresh chopped
- 1 tbl spoon oregano fried
- salt and pepper
- 500 gr white asparagus
- 400 gr green asparagus
- 100 gr grated cheese
- 16 vine tomatoes
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
To make the herb butter:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add all the finely chopped herbs and the oregano. Season with salt and black pepper from the mill. Set aside.
To prepare the asparagus:
- Preheat the oven to 200º.Peel the white asparagus with a vegetable peeler. The green asparagus does not normally need to be peeled. Cut off the bottom hard part, +/- 3 cm, of both the white and green ones.
- Place a sheet of baking paper in an oven dish (fold the edges up. Place the peeled asparagus in it. Rinse the vine tomatoes and add them. Drizzle the tomatoes with the olive oil. Season both the asparagus and tomatoes with salt and pepper. Divide the herb butter over the asparagus. Cover with a second sheet of baking paper and close the edges. Place in the oven at 200º for 25 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven. Take off the top sheet of baking paper. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the asparagus and gratinate under the grill of your oven for 5-10 minutes. (Note, depending on your oven, this can be ready after 5 minutes)Remove from oven and serve warm.
Asparagus, super juicy and packed with flavour! Because of the papillote, the asparagus is steamed in its own juice and does not lose any taste. In addition, they remain crunchy. From home I learned to blanch or cook asparagus, but that means a lot of flavor is lost. Since I tried them in papillote, my asparagus never go back into the cooking pot… I regularly serve these asparagus with fish. Because this dish is prepared in the oven, you can bake a nice piece of cod or trout in the meantime. You will have a delicious meal ready within the hour.
Serving: 1gCalories: 329kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 11gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 18gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 329mgPotassium: 485mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 2615IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 242mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply