“Guiso de Cuaresma”, a stew of chickpea and cod
- cooking pot
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 carrot medium sized
- 2 patatoes
- 2 handful spinach fres (I use baby leaves)
- 400 gr chickpeas here I used pre-cooked from a jar
- 500 gr cod with skin (desalinated is used in Spain, but fresh is also possible)
- 1/2 tbl spoon sweet paprika powder with mild taste (certainly not smoked!)
- 1 tspoon cumin
- 2 tblspoon olive oil
- 400 ml water
- peper en zout
- Cut the onion and the carrot into very fine cubes. Grate the garlic. With this we are going to make a "sofrito". Put 2 tbsp oil in a pot and add the onion, garlic and carrot. Stew for 2-3 minutes on a low heat.
- Cut the potato into slices. +/- 2 to 3cm thick (the idea is that they can cook in 15 minutes). Add the cumin and sweet paprika powder. Also the chickpeas and the potato.
- Add the water. The water should be up to 2 fingers thick above the content. Season with salt and pepper.Place the cod on top. and put the lid on the pot. Let it simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
- Add the washed spinach leaves about 5 minutes before everything is cooked.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)