Overnight chia oats with figs jam
- 4 tblspoon figs jam I prefer making this myself without adding extra sugars
- 2 tblspoon chia seeds
- 2 tblspoon oats
- 200 ml almond milk
- 1 vanilla stick
- 1 figs fresh
- 1 tblspoon raw almonds
- 2 mint leaves
- I made the jam before. On the website is a recipe of fig jam with ginger and clove. I prefer to use homemade jam because I do not add extra sugars and like to have pieces of fruit. Be aware that jam with less sugar can not be kept for a long time. It does not have to be a fig jam, you can choose any other one … according to your taste and choice.
- Cut the vanilla stick lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Mix the almond milk, oat flakes, chia seeds and vanilla seeds. Put this mixture in the fridge during the night.
- In the morning you add an extra spoon of almond milk and stir well until it is smooth again. (maybe you need to add some extra milk.) Chop the almond nuts.
- Divide between two jars, alternating both the oat pudding and the jam. Sprinkle the finely chopped nuts on top. Finish with a little mint leave.
- Contain dietary fiber that lower cholesterol levels.
- Oat starch digests slowly. Oat gradually releases the glucose to the blood (low glycaemic index)
- Longer saturated feeling that can counteract the “extra – in between – snacks”.
- Rich in carbohydrates, fiber, protein and fat (more than other cereals)
- Promotes good intestinal bacteria.
- Chia seed comes from the flowers of a Mexican mint plant Chia.
- Contains many proteins, antioxidants, minerals and the healthy fats omega-3 acids.
- Before use, briefly crush in the mortar.
- Ensures a jelly binding in pudding.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.