Homemade ice pops with red fruits
A healthy and refreshing snack during the hot summer that will appeal to everyone ….
Have fun and be creative with flavors and colors. Try a mango ginger flavor or cucumber mint ... I went for red fruit and yogurt, a combination that always works well.
- 250 gr greek yogurt
- 50 ml almond milk
- 1 tblspoon maple syrup
- 1 tblspoon birch sugar = a natural sugar with a low Glycemic index, tastes like white granulated sugar
- 150 gr blueberries preferably fresh
- 150 gr mulberries
- 10 strawberries
- 10 raspberries
- 1 tspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tblspoon pistachio nuts chopped
- The preparation method is very simple. With the exception of the pistachio nuts, add all ingredients together in the blender and mix until homogeneous. If you would like some pieces of fruit in the ice creams, put them aside and add them separately when filling the molds.
- With a funnel I fill the molds to about 1/2 cm below the rim. I fill this with the pistachios. Put the lid on and place a stick in each mold. Depending on the type of shapes you have because some have a fixed lid with plastic stick ...
- Put in the freezer and let it freeze for 4 hours. To take them out of their mold you have to run some warm water over them ... I am curious what flavors you will try ...
The temperatures are rising and you feel like having an ice cream ... logical, but every day creamy ice cream might just be a little too much? Water and fruit ice pops are therefore a perfect alternative and, moreover, even tastier when they are home-made. It is always easy to buy ready made ice cream, but the ones you make do not contain any added flavors or colors, which makes it a bit healthier. Provide fun shapes, make different variations and keep them in the freezer.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply