King oyster mushroom with fried garlic, egg and truffle oil
King oyster mushroom or Eringi, an ideal type of mushroom for grilling or baking.
- baking pan
- hot plate
- 5 king oyster mushroom
- 4 eggs
- 12 cloves garlic
- 2 tbl spoon honey
- 1 tbl spoon teriyaki sauce or soja sauce
- 2 tbl spoon truffle oil
- salt and pepper
- parsley fresh
- 1 tbl spoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- Cut the oyster mushrooms lengthwise into ½ cm thick slices. Diagonally make shallow cuts in the stem of the oyster mushroom.
- Mix the honey with teriyaki sauce and truffle oil. Divide this marinade with a brush over the king oyster mushrooms.
- Put the olive oil in a baking pan or on a hot plate and fry the oyster mushrooms on both sides until they start to colour.Finely chop the parsley.Separate the yolks from the whites and set them aside.
- Make a plate per person with the fried king oyster mushroom slices. Place the egg yolk in the center and finish with parsley, black sesame seeds, pepper, salt and a few drops of truffle oil.
- I make this as a side dish and serve it with, for example, skin-baked salmon or bream sea fish.
King oyster mushroom or Eringi is a mushroom species with a large trunk and a smaller cap. The trunk is sturdy and you can grill or bake it very nicely on the hot plate. Let them fry until the edges are colored and crispy. Delicious as a side dish or in a lukewarm salad. I serve the fried king oyster mushroom with a raw egg yolk, baked garlic and some drops of truffle oil. Once the dish is on the table, I mix everything together. With some extra truffle oil, you can turn this dish into a party table in no time… Serve with crispy baked salmon on the skin and your meal is more than a success… Bon appetit!
Serving: 4gCalories: 304kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 10gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 194mgSodium: 217mgPotassium: 858mgFiber: 5gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 349IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply