Fresh lemon lemonade
- 6-8 lemons (the juice should be about 500 ml)
- 250 gr white sugar (cane sugar or coconut flour sugar will give a brown color to the lemonade)
- 2 tblsp honey
- 1 lemon zest of half a lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 l water (mineral water to dilute the syrup)
- 1 handfull mint leaves (one for every glass)
- We will first make a lemon syrup that we can dilute with water afterwards. This syrup can easily be kept in the fridge for a week, so you always have a supply to make a new bottle. Squeeze the lemons until you have 500 ml of juice. Pour the juice into a cooking pot together with the white sugar, lemon zest, honey and a pinch of salt. Let it simmer on a medium for a while while stirring. The sugar dissolves completely and after a while the juice becomes a bit more viscous. Turn off the heat and pour the juice through a sieve. Let it cool down completely.
- Keep the syrup in a bottle. Take a larger empty bottle of eg 2 liters, add 3 tablespoons of the syrup and fill the rest of the bottle with water. Ready, let the lemonade cool well and when pouring you can add a mint leaf to each glass. Here, at home, young and old are fans of this fresh lemonade. This lemonade brings the southern scents and the sun to your table.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.