Lentil salad with an egg
- cooking pot
- 150 gr lentils dried
- 75 gr corn jarred
- ½ red bell pepper sweet
- ¼ red onion
- 1 avocado
- 2 handful mix salad
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Put a pot of water on the heat to boil the eggs. When the water boils, carefully place the eggs in the water and cook for 8 minutes. (then they are still a little creamy inside. Remove them from the hot water and rinse them under cold water. When they have cooled down, peel the eggs and cut them in half carefully with a knife.
- Put another pot on the fire with water, a dash of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Bring the water to the boiling point. Rinse the lentils in a sieve under running water to remove any dust particles. Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the package. It is a misconception that you have to soak all lentils a day in advance. Currently, there are dried lentils that are cooked within 25-30 minutes. Read the package when you buy them. Once cooked, put them in a sieve and rinse with cold water. Let them cool down further.
- Cut the red bell pepper into small pieces and shred the red onion. Remove the skin and pit from the avocado and cut it into cubes. Sprinkle the avocado with the lime juice to prevent oxidation
- Now mix the lentils with the avocado, red pepper, red onion, corn, 2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Take 4 glasses. Place the mixed lettuce leaves on the bottom. Spoon the lentil salad on top with a spoon. Possibly a few drops of oil and finish with the egg.
- You can serve this in small glasses as a starter, snack or in a large serving bowl as a side dish. Enjoy this nutritious tasty salad!
- Lentils are an excellent source of vegetable protein.
- Lentils are high in fiber, both soluble and insoluble fiber. They contribute to healthy digestion and promote a feeling of satiety
- Lentils have a low glycemic index, which means they contain slow-digesting carbohydrates and gradually raise blood sugar levels.
- Lentils are a source of important nutrients, including iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, folic acid (vitamin B9) and vitamin B6. These nutrients are essential for maintaining a healthy metabolism
- Lentils have a relatively low environmental impact compared to animal protein sources. They require less water and land to produce, contributing to more sustainable food choices.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)