Meal soup with chickpeas, spinach and egg
- stew pot
- 200 gr chickpeas pre-boiled
- ½ onion
- 2 tomatoes grated
- 2 laurel
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon spicy paprika powder
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 150 gr spinach
- 2 teaspoon grounded cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- 4 boiled eggs
- Rinse the chickpeas and wash the spinach. Remove the tough stems from the spinach. Chop the onion and garlic. Halve the tomatoes and grate them with the large grater until only the skin remains. We don't use these. Boil 4 eggs for 7 minutes and let them cool. Peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces of 2 x2 cm.
- Put the oil in a stew pot and stew the onion together with the garlic. Add the sweet, spicy paprika and cumin as well as the grated tomatoes. Stir well. Then add the chickpeas and potatoes and cover with the stock until just above the potatoes. Add the bay leaves and season with salt and pepper. Put the lid on the pot and let it simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- When the potatoes are almost done, add the spinach and stir until it has wilted completely. Taste and if desired you can add some extra cumin or make it a bit spicier with the spicy paprika powder. Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half. Spoon the meal soup into a deep plate and divide the eggs. Serve with fresh bread.
- If you want to make the soup even more nutritious, you can always add extra pieces of cod or hake together with the spinach.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)