Mussels with coconut and coriander
For the mussels
- 1 kg mussels fresh
- 1 onion rings
- 2 stems celery in pieces of 2 cm
- 1 pinch white pepper grinded
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 2 sprigs thyme
Fot the sauce
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 20 gr coriander fresh, chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper and seasalt
- 1 tbl spoon black sesame seeds
- First, we clean the mussels. Remove any hairs and scrape the shells clean with a knife. Put them in cold water afterwards .. I put them usually an hour in advance in water so that they release extra sand out of their shell.
- Now chop the celery stalks into pieces of about 2 cm. The onion we cut into rings of about 3 mm thick.
- put the vegetables on the bottom of a pot, along with the thyme and curry powder. On top of the vegetables we put the mussels DIRECTLY out of the water. Put the lid on the pot and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove the lid of the pot, season with white pepper and shake the mussels so that now the vegetables come to lie on top. Replace the lid on the pot and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat. If all goes well, the shells are open now. Pour through a sieve and leave to cool down.
- Place the half-shells on which the mussel is connected in a baking dish.
- Mix the coconut milk with the fresh coriander and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the sauce over the mussels and put another 5 minutes in a preheated oven, 160º. Just before serving sprinkle the black sesame seeds over the mussels.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)