Octopus with parsley hummus
- cutter / blender
- hot plate with a good frying pan it is also possible
- 150 gr pre-cooked octopus leg you can find these packed airtight
- 1 t spoon spicy paprika powder
- 1 t spoon sea salt
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic unpeeled
Ingredients for the hummus:
- 300 gr chickpeas I used pre-cooked from a jar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 handful leaf parsley
- 1 t spoon tahin
- 4 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180º. Place the 6 unpeeled garlic cloves on a tray lined with baking paper. (I cut off the hard part with which they are attached to the root. This makes it easier to remove them from the membrane afterwards.) Drizzle with oil and let them cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
We make the parsley hummus:
- Rinse the chickpeas (pre-cooked) and drain in a sieve. Put them in the cutter together with the parsley, the clove of garlic and tahini. Mix to a homogeneous mass. If it stays dry, you can add more olive oil or a spoonful of natural yogurt. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the octopus from the packaging. Rinse them under running water. Note: some brands also leave the "slippery" part, but you can remove that with a knife or scissors if you don't want this. Pat them dry with kitchen paper.
- Put a tablespoon of oil on a baking tray or pan and place the octopus in it when the oil is hot. Fry well on both sides over medium heat. Season with the paprika powder and sea salt.
- Serve the parsley hummus together with the roasted garlic cloves from the oven and the crispy fried octopus legs.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)