Omelette with boletus, truffle and cottage cheese
A surprisingly delicious breakfast, lunch or starter with which you are guaranteed to surprise yourself and your guests.
- 2 frying pan
- 3 eggs
- 2 fresh boletus eryngii mushroom, porcini or other
- 120 gr cottage cheese
- 1 tblspoon truffle paste
- 1 tblspoon truffle caviar little pearls
- 2 tblspoon chives
- 2 tblspoon olive oil
- ½ tblspoon truffle oil
- 1 t spoon pink pepper
- salt and pepper
- Chop the chives and mix with the cottage cheese.Beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.Brush the mushrooms and cut them into 1/2 cm slices.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the sliced mushrooms.In another frying pan, put 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry half of the eggs into an omelette. Place on a plate and fry the other half as well into an omelette.
- Spread the fried mushrooms on top of the fried omelette and apply some truffle cream/paste here and there. Spoon a generous spoonful of the cottage cheese on top. finish with the truffle caviar and drizzle with the truffle oil. To give the dish an extra touch of taste, I add some pink dried peppercorns.
Omelette, a fried egg, combined with fried boletus, truffle cream, cottage cheese and finished with truffle caviar. Make a simple salad with this and you have a beautiful lunch. I prepared it myself as brunch along with a few other small dishes and it was clearly appreciated… The truffle products are produced in Spain. Spain is also one of the most important countries in Europe for the cultivation of truffles.
Calories: 381kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 16gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 256mgSodium: 290mgPotassium: 294mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 583IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 102mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply