Orange-ginger lemonade with thyme
- 500 ml fresh orange juice
- 1 juice of a lemon
- 1 lemon zest
- 150 gr sugar could be replaced by honey
- 2 cm ginger grated
- 2 sprigs thyme sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 pinch salt
- Bring the orange juice to a boil with the juice and zest of the lemon. Add the sugar, grated ginger and thyme. Leave on low heat for another 5 minutes to simmer. Turn off the heat and add the pinch of salt. Stir well.
- Pour the juice through a fine sieve and leave it to cool down. I keep this syrop in small bottles in the fridge. In a larger bottle, I add a little of the syrup and fill the rest of the bottle with mineral water. Tasty and refreshing with the strong flavor of thyme and ginger.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >