Parsnip soup with scallops
Delicious parsnip soup with scallops – a culinary treatSavor the rich and refined flavors of this parsnip soup with scallops, a simple recipe that is guaranteed to impress. Perfect for a luxurious dinner or a special occasion. This soup combines the sweet, earthy flavor of parsnips with the delicate seafood for an unforgettable culinary experience.
- cooking pot
- mixer / blender
- frying pan
- 400 gr parsnip
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 potato
- ½ green pepper sweet
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbl spoon olive oil
- 1 tbl spoon dill
- 100 ml cream
- 750 ml vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 8 scallops
- 1 tbl spoon sprouts optional
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- Scrape the parsnips with a vegetable peeler and cut them into coarse pieces. Peel the potato and cut it into large pieces, just like the green pepper. Chop the onion and garlic. Cut the leek into rings. I used just a little more than the white of the stem.
- Put 2 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan and add all the vegetables. Stew them for about 4 minutes, stirring. Pour over the stock and season with salt and pepper. Let the vegetables cook on a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and blend with a blender until the soup is smooth. Set aside. Heat the soup about 10 minutes before serving, then stir in the cream and chopped dill.
- Preheat the oven to 180º.You can use pressure molds to remove stars or party-related shapes from the dough. Place them on a baking paper. Mix the egg yolk with 1 tsp water and brush it over the pastry shapes. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Put 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Let the oil heat up and sear the scallops on both sides until they turn light brown (max. 2 minutes on each side). Season with salt and pepper. For the scallops I did not use the coral (orange part). If you use frozen scallops, allow them to thaw completely in time and pat them dry before baking.
- Have you reheated the soup? mixed with the cream and dill, then spoon it into the plates. Place two scallops on each plate. Decorate with some extra dill and the sprout mix. Place a basket on the table with the puff pastry shapes. Enjoy a delicious soup and have a great party!
Are you still looking for other surprising soups?
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.