Red cabbage soup with apple and cinnamon
Surprisingly tasty, very nutritious and what a beautiful colors!
- stew pot
- stew pan
- 900 gr red cabbage fresh
- 700 ml vegetable broth
- 1 red onion
- 2 apples
- 2 stalks celery
- 2½ tea spoon cinnamon
- 100 ml coconut cream
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- pinch white pepper and salt if wanted
- Cut the red cabbage into fine strings.Cut the red onion, celery stalks and 1 apple into cubes.
- Put 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion, celery and apple for about 3 minutes. Add the strings of red cabbage. Let it simmer for 5 minutes while stirring constantly. Add the vegetable stock along with 2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of white pepper. Put the lid on the pot and let it cook for 15 minutes on a low heat.
- Pour the contents of your stew into the blender and blend everything into a smooth soup. If necessary, you can add some extra water, but the soup should be firm. Taste it and add some salt or pepper if necessary.
- Cut the other apple into fine cubes (with skin), sprinkle with tl cinnamon powder and stew in a pan until tender.Beat the coconut cream extra with the beater so that it becomes a bit fluffier. (is not a necessity)
- Serve the soup warm. Add a spoonful of coconut cream to each plate as wel as a few cubes of baked apple.
- Let this soup surprise you…
Witch soup… the kids shouted… I hadn’t planned it that way myself, but coincidentally we ate it for Halloween… There was still a red cabbage in the fridge that I started working with. This soup is very easy to prepare and has few ingredients. Within the hour she was served and it was such a feast that the pan was licked out. So no leftovers. Not only the taste is surprising, but also the color. Nice to serve as an appetizer in small glasses during the upcoming holidays… You read it already… I will definitely prepare this again because it was just delicious!
Serving: 4personsCalories: 962kcalCarbohydrates: 73gProtein: 14gFat: 69gSaturated Fat: 17gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 29823mgPotassium: 831mgFiber: 12gSugar: 32gVitamin A: 2567IUVitamin C: 135mgCalcium: 132mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply