Red cabbage soup with apple and cinnamon
- stew pot
- stew pan
- 900 gr red cabbage fresh
- 700 ml vegetable broth
- 1 red onion
- 2 apples
- 2 stalks celery
- 2½ tea spoon cinnamon
- 100 ml coconut cream
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- pinch white pepper and salt if wanted
- Cut the red cabbage into fine strings.Cut the red onion, celery stalks and 1 apple into cubes.
- Put 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion, celery and apple for about 3 minutes. Add the strings of red cabbage. Let it simmer for 5 minutes while stirring constantly. Add the vegetable stock along with 2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of white pepper. Put the lid on the pot and let it cook for 15 minutes on a low heat.
- Pour the contents of your stew into the blender and blend everything into a smooth soup. If necessary, you can add some extra water, but the soup should be firm. Taste it and add some salt or pepper if necessary.
- Cut the other apple into fine cubes (with skin), sprinkle with tl cinnamon powder and stew in a pan until tender.Beat the coconut cream extra with the beater so that it becomes a bit fluffier. (is not a necessity)
- Serve the soup warm. Add a spoonful of coconut cream to each plate as wel as a few cubes of baked apple.
- Let this soup surprise you…
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)