Pasta shells filled with tuna in spicy tomato sauce
- cooking pot
- stew pan
- 20 giant pasta shells conchiglioni
For the filling:
- 300 gr corn
- 250 gr tuna jarred
- 250 gr mascarpone
- 125 gr greek yogurt
- 40 gr grated cheese
- 1 tbl spoon parsley fresh
- salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 red pointed pepper sweet
- 3 tomatoes
- 500 ml passata
- 2 tbl spoon tomato paste
- 2 tea spoon sweet paprika powder
- 2 tea spoon harissa
- 10 Mozarella little scoops
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta shells according to package instructions, but do not allow them to become completely al dente. Remove them from the water 2 minutes before and rinse with cold water. (they will continue to cook in the oven afterwards)
- For the filling: Mix the canned tuna with the corn (drained), mascarpone, yogurt, parsley and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now make the sauce: Cut the onion, pointed pepper and tomatoes into cubes. Grate the garlic cloves.
- Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish. Fry the onion together with the garlic for 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper cubes and cook for another 3 minutes. Finally, add the diced tomatoes, put the lid on the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the passata, the harissa, tomato puree and sweet paprika powder. Mix well. Put the lid on the pan again and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Pour the sauce into an oven dish.
- Now fill the shells with the tuna mixture. Put them in the tomato sauce. Divide the Mozzarella balls between the shells in the cheese. Preheat the oven to 180º. Let it bake for another 20 minutes. If desired, you can sprinkle some more grated cheese on top…
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)