Pasta with spinach, avocado and coconut cream
- cooking pot
- sauce pan
- 400 gr fusilli or other pasta of your choice
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 2 avocados
- 300 gr spinach fresh leaves
- 100 gr baby spinach young fresh leaves
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 handful peas frozen
- 1 t spoon Nigella seeds
- 1 egg yolk
- geraspte parmesan
- ½ t spoon spicy paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- ¼ lemon only the juice
- Put a pot of water on the heat to cook the pasta. Follow the instructions on the pasta package.
- Chop the onion and garlic into small pieces. Put the oil in a pan and sauté the onion along with the garlic for about 5 minutes. Add the 300 g spinach leaves and sauté until they have wilted.
- Pour over the coconut cream. Remove the skin from 1 avocado, cut it into pieces and add it to the spinach. Also add the juice of 1/4 lemon. Mix all this with the mixer to a fine sauce. Return to the heat and add the baby spinach leaves and peas. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Season with the spicy paprika, salt and pepper. Turn off the fire.
- Remove the skin from the other avocado and cut it into pieces. (or as in the photo for decoration) Stir it under the sauce or keep it to decorate at the end.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain in a sieve and mix with the green sauce.
- Serve the pasta with a raw egg yolk, some nigella seeds and grated parmesan.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)