Pea soup with crunchy snow peas
- cooking pot
- wok / deep pan
- mixer / blender
- 1 kg peas frozen
- 100 gr snow peas
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 1 handfull fried onions
- 125 ml coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon dill fresh
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Peel the potato and cut into large pieces. Peel the onion and cut also into large pieces.
- Put the olive oil in the cooking pot and stew the onion and potato for 3 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and add 800 gr of the frozen peas. Put the lid on the pot and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the snow peas and fry them briefly in the wok with a little olive oil.
- When the vegetables of the soup are cooked, blend the whole into a smooth soup. Add the other 200 gr peas and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve in separate plates and place a few snow peas in each plate. I finished with a spoonful of coconut cream, fried onions and a little fresh dill.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.