Pea soup with crunchy snow peas
The tastiest and simplest recipe of fine pea soup with crispy snow peas
- cooking pot
- wok / deep pan
- mixer / blender
- 1 kg peas frozen
- 100 gr snow peas
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 1 handfull fried onions
- 125 ml coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon dill fresh
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Peel the potato and cut into large pieces. Peel the onion and cut also into large pieces.
- Put the olive oil in the cooking pot and stew the onion and potato for 3 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and add 800 gr of the frozen peas. Put the lid on the pot and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the snow peas and fry them briefly in the wok with a little olive oil.
- When the vegetables of the soup are cooked, blend the whole into a smooth soup. Add the other 200 gr peas and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve in separate plates and place a few snow peas in each plate. I finished with a spoonful of coconut cream, fried onions and a little fresh dill.
Pea soup with crispy snow peas. Peas are about the only vegetable I buy frozen and always have in stock. The base of this soup was made with only 4 ingredients; peas, potato, onion and vegetable stock. The remaining ingredients are extra or toppings. This recipe is a delicious warming soup for the cooler days. I made some garlic bread and had such a tasty lunch. So would you like to prepare a super healthy soup and you only have half an hour? Then be sure to save this recipe…enjoy it.
Serving: 6gCalories: 255kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 11gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 27mgPotassium: 626mgFiber: 12gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 1463IUVitamin C: 86mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply