Pointed pepper filled with fregola, mango, feta and spinach yogurt
- cooking pot
- 1/4 mango
- 100 gr spinach fresh
- 250 gr fregola (italian pasta)
- 1 garlic full bulb
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 4 pointed peppers preferably different colors
- 40 gr feta crumbled
- 1 bunch cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
to prepare the yogurt sauce
- 250 gr greek yogurt
- 50 gr spinach fresh
- 1 handful mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 170º.Rinse the fregola pasta and cook it until tender. +/- 10-12 min in boiling water
- Rinse the spinach.Cut the mango into very small cubes. Shred the garlic clove.Cut the other garlic tuber horizontally in its entirety. The intention is that the toes stay together (see photo). Spread some olive oil on the cutting surface and place it in an oven dish with the cut side up. (do not put in the oven yet)
- Rinse the cherry tomatoes and place them in the oven dish with the garlic.
- Halve the pointed pepper and remove the seeds.
- When the fregola is cooked, put it in a sieve (drain). Let it cool down for a while. Mix in a spoonful of olive oil.
- Put some oil in a pan, shred the garlic clove and fry it for a while. Then add the fregola, mango and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Stir fry until the spinach has shrunk. If necessary, you can add a little bit of water.
- Fill the half pointed peppers with the fregola mixture. Place in the preheated oven for max. 20 minutes at 170º
- Crumble the feta over it. If necessary, season a little with black pepper from the mill.
Making the yogurt sauce
- In a blender you put the 50 gr spinach, yogurt, mint and pepper and salt. Mix well until you have a homogeneous whole.
- Remove the pointed pepper from the oven and drizzle the sauce over it. Tasty!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)