Oven baked pumpkin with lentils and Greek yogurt
A “family winner” winter dish with pumpkin from our own garden. Easy to prepare, filling and healthy …
- 1 small pumpkin
- 200 gr lentils possibly you need to soak them a few hours but it’s not always necessary
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 6 tblspoon olive oil extra virgen
- 3 tblspoon oregano dried
- 150 gr greek yogurt
- black pepper and seasalt
- coriander or spring onion fresh
- 2 tblspoon pomegranate seeds
- Wash the pumpkin including the shell. (no need to peel him), depending on the shape of the pumpkin you cut him in crescents or slices of max. 2 cm thickness. Remove the seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl put 3 tablespoons of oil with 2 tablespoons oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well. Put the pumpkin slices in the bowl and mix well so that the herbal oil is distributed throughout.
- Put the slices of pumpkin in an ovendish or on a baking tray with baking paper. Put them 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180º.
- Meanwhile, boil the lentils in vegetable broth. Read the instructions on the packaging of the lentils. See if you have to soak the lentils in water, if so then you have two options: 1. Soak the lentels about 10 hours before preparing. 2. Boil the lentils during a longer time. Make sure you add extra water if needed.
- Take a small saucepan and add the remaining three tablespoons of oil with 1 tablespoon oregano, salt and pepper. Warm up the oil but do not get it too hot. (it is just to get more flavours from the oregano)
- When the lentils are ready, drain them. Remove the pumpkin from the oven. Arrange the lentils on the pumpkin. Spoon the yogurt and drizzle with the herb oil on top of the lentils. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander or spring onion and pomegranate seeds.
To complete the dish, I combine this dish with grilled haloumi or vegetarian meat balls.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply